Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Holiday's are here! It's snowing!



Look who bonded while
I was gone......
  Can you believe it?  Pretty soon it will be Christmas, then on to 2012.  First though, Adam is about to write his final exams for the third trimester, which will also end his first year of Law School.  What an accomplishment!  I am so proud.  He does it so graciously too.  I have to say, I really like this "Going to Law School." 
 
Scar 2 weeks post op








My healing is going well.  It has been three weeks since my surgery and I feel back to normal.  My face is still numb around the incision and I have this interesting and tingly nerve feeling in my cheek. 

Otherwise, I  have been out jogging (weather permitting) without any annoyances from my leg.  At first, I had a lot of strange, shocking, shooting and uncomfortable nerve sensations, similar to hitting your funny bone, yet this was in my calf.  I'm sure the nerve in my leg was thinking... What the heck happened to me?? :) Why did I have to be sacrificed??  :) 


Post operation-right eye with new weight.  I am able
to wear make-up again.. Feels pretty good.

 So my aches, pains, and stitches have been removed or diminished at this point.  Just some scars left and a lot of internal nerve growing in my face.  Most importantly, I remind myself not to forget the powerful effects of a positive attitude.  This is a Dr. Hadlock order... Love her.


Old gold eye weight-droopy eyelid
 In regards to the new gold eye weight; my eye is very happy and in excellent condition.  The weight is lighter, placed more effectively, and doesn't make my eyelid droop.  What a concept!  Oh, I can also see a lot better and use less eye lubricant.


I am so happy to have finally found a Dr. who agreed with me that the old eye weight was problematic.  She understood and replaced the old 2gram with a 1.4gram gold eye weight.  Thank goodness!  I knew there could be a better outcome than what I had.  I am learning a lot about trusting my instincts through all of this.  If I could give any advice it would be trust yours.  I  have found that it is also very important to find a Dr. who has a lot of experience and specializes in what you are trying to treat.  So many Docs will say, "Oh yeah,  I can treat you,"  Or, "I have experience in this," when in reality, they don't.  They are looking for experience.

magazine trees

So, on to a more lighthearted topic, Holiday Decorating!  I used the unwanted base branches of Steve and Amy's Christmas tree to make a mini tree for Adam and I.  You wouldn't even know this tree does not have a trunk.  If you have a large tree in your Living Room, create this mini tree for the kids room, or the master bedroom.  What is better than one tree????  Two trees!!!  On top of that, this mini tree is price effective or even free.  Geez, I am a terrible sales person and I am not even selling anything...

Mini tree made of large tree branches


Speaking of free; I made Christmas tree decorations out of magazines thanks to youtube.com.  It's kind of like origami. 

I hope you have fun doing what ever you do this next few Holiday weeks.  Decorating, shopping, partying, studying, staying warm, moving, wrapping, reading, cooking, and so on, and so on.


JP-C




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely story. I am so proud of you and your courage to go out and get what you want. That's my girl!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill and Adam, I just love to read your amazingly true story on your young life’s journey. Finding each other was truly a blessing. Jill, your smile is returning! So glad to hear that your eye is feeling better as well as looking so much better! You both keep up all the good and positive parts of life! You're so creative Miss Jill! I love your Christmas tree! Love YOU!!! Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete