Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall Colors

What a beautiful time of year this is! It seems that every day of fall has a different scenery than the day before. Of course, this is my first fall season living in Michigan, so it is extra exciting for me. I was running around with a camera the other day trying to get some good shots before this is all over. Well, until next year. I have to Thank Adam (and Oli) for being graciously patient with me as I practically climbed the base of the trees trying to get just the right pic.

Michigan nature always has something upon the way to look forward to. For example, I planted 50 tulip bulbs and 50 iris bulbs, so that next spring we will have a super pretty arrangement of color blooming amongst the snow. I am so excited and I still have multiple months to wait. First, I am excited to see those Cross boys jump into the frozen lake this winter. It's called Polar Bearing and it is a site to see. Oh, and also we will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Steve and Amy's new fabulous home. Congratulations you guys!

Well, I think I am going to enjoy blogging. I figured this would be a good way for me to share my "Up-North" experiences with everyone. Being natives of California for quite a few generations, myself and my family do not really know what this Northern living is all about. Thank goodness I have the Crosses here to share this beauty.. You know, keeping an eye out for me and sharing all of their experienced knowledge.

I am off to pack my bags for my overnight adventure to Detroit for the Marathon tomorrow. I am excited to meet a couple new friends and also spend time with Christi and Courtney. We are having layered pizza tonight. Running the marathon as a relay tomorrow. My leg is right around 6.5miles. Then having super tasty pastries in the park after the marathon is over. Our team "Go,go,go," will have a blast! We went to Mike and Courtney's adorable home for dinner last night and met Maggie (Mike's sis), and Libby. They along with Mike are doing the entire distance of 26 miles... Oh my gosh.. I'm so excited for them. I cannot even imagine what is going on in their minds. They will do great! What an achievement.

For now... Goodbye! Nice chatting. Love you all. Have a good Halloween Party today Orv, Melis, and Merrick. I really need to see a photo of the Dad's wearing onsies... Now that should be funny. Are you all drinking beer out of bottles too? :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: