Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July... One month post op.

recent
2 years ago
 Good day!  I am posting a couple pics of my face now, and from a couple years ago.  I am happy!  Still swollen a bit.  Adam refers to my cheeks as chipmunk cheeks; he is right :)

An image of my gracilis muscle made it to the June photo of the month on the Sir Charles Bell Society website.  The site is set-up for medical professionals as a forum to exchange information regarding the facial nerve. My muscle was bizarre because that it has more blood vessels and arteries than the average person, or any person that they know of.  This was quite a worrisome issue for my surgeons in whether my transfer was going to take.  I have to say, it is quite interesting to see your own internal anatomy.

My Gracilis Muscle-Sorry if
it is too graphic :)

I hope everyone has a great July.  Adam is busy studying and I am busy being artistic in any way I can be inspired.  Needless to say I have a lot of unfinished creations.

Thank you for your nice notes of warm wishes and support.  I know this site does not make it easy to write a comment, but many of you have found a way via weallwearscars.com or through email. 

 Take Care
Art in the basement-keeping cool!
The Pug

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,
    My name is Sherry and I have a facial paralysis. It has been four long years since I smiled. And I have a gold eye weight like you. My Dr has suggested that I look into having that same surgery you just had also with Dr Hadlock. In doing research for this I came across your website and I have not stopped looking at it. Reading it over and over finding it amazing that there is someone out there like me, and your feelings and the things you’re scared of are the same feelings I have. I’m so scared to make the final decision to get the surgery. I am however closer to doing it because of you. I would like to talk to you more about it if you have the time to speak with me. It would me a lot to me. My email is dsprucha@tds.net
    Thanks
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete