Thursday, July 19, 2012

Slowly but surely..

jaw scar
cheek less swollen
Hi... I have some new pics to share.  I received an e-mail today saying that my blog and pictures have really helped a fellow human with facial paralysis.  That is awesome, cause I wasn't really able to find really good pics and info from someone who has actually gone through with these procedures.


Anywho, I am still swollen in my cheek, but am told by those who don't see me everyday that I am less swollen then before.  I have swelling and throbbing in my temple, but it's not noticeable.  I tried running... Ah, bad idea.  I felt really good as I was running, but afterwards I couldn't walk well because of a groin pain.  I was swingin' my leg for a couple days.  My scars are diminishing and I feel good. 

inner leg or gracilis scar
I had a bi-annual MRI which showed no growth to my little tumor and I meet with an Occupational Therapist tomorrow at UofM.  She will give me movements to try on this paralyzed side.  Even if I am unable to move anything, my brain is still triggering the info to my nerve and muscle.  Whatever helps right?

Other than that, all is well.  I am doing lots of art and cooking new recipes.  I made sauerkraut from scratch and am in the process of making Kombucha (fermented mushroom tea).   It's really good and really good for you.  I am focusing on getting tons of nutrition aka vitamins, minerals, probiotics from foods.

Talk soon!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. OMG Jill, you are amazing. I just realized you posted a new posting while waiting to see Jackie in Madison, Wi. I got botox today. We so much need a date soon! I'll call you next week.
    Keep up all your hard work!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete