Thursday, November 1, 2012

Movement Has Occured 4-5 Mnths Post-Op!

I am excited to announce that my paralyzed cheek is moving!  Not much, but so much more than it used to.  Every day is showing a stronger muscle.  Now I believe the surgeries were a success!  The 80% chance has turned into 100% because I can feel the muscle tensing when I smile, yawn, flare my nose, etc.  Now, I just need to continue strengthening what movement I have, which is mainly in the lower jaw, outer cheek area from what I can tell.  It is really amazing to feel this movement, when I had nothing for three years.  Really, really great!  The Dr. told me that within the next 6 months I will see much improvement.  Again, I hope this success helps give hope to others suffering with facial paralysis.  Never give up trying to achieve what you deserve even if it means surgeries, pain, and much patience.  That is better then the feeling of hopelessness any day.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! It's really moving! Jill we are so excited for you and know you have waited a long time for this day to come.

    We are so proud of you and Adam and the amazing way you two have been there for each other. I love you, sister, and can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

    Love & Laughs,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete